Do you know what I find most annoying about this situation is that I'm spending my time feeling sad, I'm asking my sweetbaby if I'm the one being a bitch and he assures me that I'm very capable of being a bitch but in this situation, I really haven't done anything wrong, AND I'm writing about it.
We had dinner with the BFF and her husband, Ginger last night. There was such an uncomfortable moment that went on way to long, even her husband tried to break the moment and she STILL went on for a good minute. 60 seconds is a long time.
We climbed into the safety of my car, Tallulah, and Dave assured me that he saw it, even her husband acknowledged the weirdness at the table, and I told him I'm on a break from her. Then we went to my neighborhood bar for a drink.
A gin and tonic makes me happy.
There are very, very few people that I truly trust completely and I've trusted her for over a decade. Each contact that I've had with her lately has come down to stupid challenges in conversations, mocking my opinions, and comments in attempts to belittle me.
I'm puzzled as to what her goal is by doing all of this. She knows that if I don't like what I'm experiencing than I will leave that experience behind. This means that I don't want to see her right now.
There have been some passive aggressive texts and emails with all of this as well.
I'm not saying that I'm losing another BFF but I'm not dumb enough not to know that people grow apart. I won't put up with being treated badly. I'm just assessing what the last half a year of bad manners weighs against the last 15 years as friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment