Wednesday, July 30, 2008

google search

Howdy! I hope you enjoyed Dr. Horrible. I did. Yes, I watched it again even though I own it and all three acts are safely tucked away in iPod.

Dave and I have contemplated visiting Yellowstone again. We were there in 1999? 2000? I don't remember. Anyway, I did a search on Google Images and found a few of these pictures that brought back a few memories, none too deep. Yes, I have lots of pictures of them somewhere but since I was there way before figuring out how a scanner works, there aren't any on my computer.

And, by the way, if I haven't bored you already about my adventures there, (Dave is sick of them since he has heard about every little detail of it, read the diary and seen the photos and photo collage) I was an employee there for three summers.

So this is the view from the porch of Lake Lodge, the particular location that I worked at. I did visit the beach quite a bit actually but 99% of the time it was during the evening and night. Pretty huh?


Here is the Lounge or really the bar portion of the lobby. On paydays, since I worked in the accounting area, I worked from 6am to 6pm during the summer of 1994. My first bartender in a long list of bartender was at the helm. Michael from Texas. God he was beautiful. After the whole "cash the whole freaking locations paycheck" process, I would bring him change just before punching out. He would then have a midori margarita waiting for me at the corner stool. You can actually see my corner stool. Its right there! can you see it? sigh. I talked to alot of the construction crew who worked on the road during the summer. Their was one particular guy who ended up buying my drink on theose evenings for the rest of the summer. He said I deserved it. Dammit I did.
Here is the front view of the lodge. See the sign on the front? Not the big one but the small one on the pole under the big sign? My first summer in the park ('92) on my last night in the park, I had a little adventure that this porch took part in. The boy that I lost my virginity to was just a friend. You would think that since it was our last night that we would take advantage of a bit of physical fun but we didn't. At the end of the day, we were just friends. My mother and older sister had driven into the park to drive me and my sister back to Arizona. My buddy and I took the rental car and drove the Grand Loop that night, talked, ended up in an Elk Jam and headed back...
So, back to the sign. There were signs on each of the pole that said, "Closed for the Season" Well, one of those signs and another from my dorm, because the dorms were named, are now in my garage. There was one point when I was holding the chair and he was unscrewing the sign off of the dorm and a guy walked through the lobby, paused, waved, we waved back and then he kept walking.

There was one really beautiful picture of the lobby but the girl who took is really really in the picture, so I chose not to post it. It was really like a creepy time warp. When I sat and looked at it, (Nerd Alert) I felt like Harry Potter falling into a pensive. I could actually see people I knew climbing those few steps into the cafeteria or hanging out in the lobby on employee dance nights. Just the weirdest feeling.

Anyway, We have a trip planned for August, October and November so this one will definitley be on the backburner for 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment