I was at lunch with Jerri and she asked me, "What is up with Shannon and the movie she keeps asking to go see with you? She's brought it up at lunch for the past couple of days"
Shannon is someone that I tell I am busy on my weekends and after work. See, she is one of the christians who like to remind me all the time that she is a christian and she wants to be my best friend.
No, I haven't told her I am an Atheist. You would think that that would stop her from wanting to hang out with me but my past experience with this type tells me that won't happen.
I do want to say that I do have religious friends. They go to church and they are perfectly fine with the no god thing or they never trouble me with their concerns for my eternal salvation.
What will eventually happen, like the 2 or 3 like creatures from the past, is that they can't wrap their little ole head around the idea that I don't believe. Apparently, there are no true Atheists, or so I've been told (as I make the jack off motion with my little hand). I also am weary of the person who has to interject god into their every conversation.
My mother in law does this.
Anyway, first they say,
"Oh Really"
"Really?"
"How about now? You really don't believe?"
It can be really annoying especially when its NONE OF THEIR EFFING BUSINESS.
and, No, I don't want to see the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, for fuck sake.
No comments:
Post a Comment